- Useful Links
- Health and Well Being
- Your Estate
1/2 cup plain white flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1 egg, beaten
375 ml reduced-fat milk
2 bananas, sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
250 g strawberries, hulled then halved
1/2 cup apple sauce
1. Sift flour and make a well in the centre.
2. Place egg in well and use a wooden spoon to gradually work in the flour and half the milk. A blender may be used.
3. Beat well for 1 minute and stir in the rest of the milk.
4. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before cooking to create a lighter batter.
5. While you are waiting, chop up the strawberries and bananas. Toss the bananas in the lemon juice as soon as they are cut. Set these aside.
6. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan and cook for about 1½ minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden underneath.
7. Serve pancakes with the fruit and yoghurt.
fifteen minutes of food
Source: Modified from the original recipe by Jake Barlow, Bellarine Secondary College. Published in the Geelong Advertiser 'Fifteen Minutes of Food' series.