- Useful Links
- Health and Well Being
- Your Estate
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 zucchini, grated
400 g sweet potato, grated
150 g button mushrooms, chopped
1 X 825g can tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons sugar
375 g fresh lasagne sheets
500 g reduced fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt, freshly ground pepper or mixed herbs, to taste
canola or olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C). Spray a large pan with oil and heat. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the zucchini, sweet potato, mushrooms, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the sugar, and season to taste.
4. Spray the base of a large lasagne dish lightly with oil. Cut the laagne sheets to size and arrange a layer of sheets over the base of the dish. Top with a thin layer of sauce, then continue layering pasta and sauce, making one of the layer with the ricotta cheese. Finish with a thin layer of sauce on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place back into the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Source: Australian Institute of Sport (1999), Survival for the fittest, Murdoch Magazines, NSW.