- Useful Links
- Health and Well Being
- Your Estate
300 g pasta, see Notes
1 X 185g can tuna in oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 425g can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup orange juice
10 olives, pitted, cut in half
1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
cracked black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup parsley, optional
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook your choice of pasta until al dente (cooked but still slightly firm). As soon as it is cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
2. Drain the tuna over a large frypan to catch the juices. Add the onion and cook, stirring, over a medium to high heat until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and orange juice and simmer the mixture for 3 minutes. Stir through the tuna, olives and orange zest, and cook for 1 more minute.
5. Season with the pepper and immediately toss through the cooked pasta, or serve separately with sauce spooned on top.
Notes: You can use linguine, vermicelli, spaghetti, penne, farfalle or spiral pasta.
Variation: You can replace the black olives with 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or 2 tablespoons capers or 4 anchovy fillets rinsed in water and chopped.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
Fish and seafood
Quick and easy