- Useful Links
- Health and Well Being
- Your Estate
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup low-fat cheese, shredded
1/2 cup reduced-salt tomato paste
1 medium capsicum, sliced
1 onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1. Heat oven to 220˚C.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, add water and mix to a soft dough. If too sticky, add 1-2 tablespoons extra flour.
3. Cover and rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
4. Turn dough onto floured board and knead until smooth.
5. Roll out dough to the desired size (22cm pizza or mini pizzas).
6. Lightly brush or spray pizza pan with oil.
7. Put dough on lightly greased tray and cover pizza with plastic wrap. Stand in warm place for 10 minutes to rise.
8. Top with tomato sauce and toppings. Cover with low-fat, grated cheese.
9. Bake at 220˚C for 20 minutes and serve hot.
Kids in the kitchen
Quick and easy
fifteen minutes of food
Source: Modified from the original recipe by Brittany Netherton and Claire Miller, Geelong High School. Published in the Geelong Advertiser 'Fifteen Minutes of Food' series.