- Useful Links
- Health and Well Being
- Your Estate
1/2 cup gluten free plain flour
2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup reduced fat milk
30 g margarine, mono- or poly-unsaturated
1. Sift flour into bowl, gradually stir in combined eggs, oil and milk, beat to a smooth batter (or process in a food processor until smooth). Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into a heated greased heavy-based crepe pan, cook until lightly browned underneath.
3. Turn crepe, brown on other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Cut crepes into 5½cm round circles.
1. Heat butter in pan, stir in mustard, onion and mushrooms, cook, stirring until onion is soft. 2. Stir in flour, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk, chicken and corn. Stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens.
3. Simmer, covered, until chicken is tender. Leave to cool.
1. Line mini muffin pans (1 tablespoon capacity) with crepe rounds and bake in moderately hot oven ( 180°C) for 10 minutes.
2. Spoon filling into cases, bake a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
3. Sprinkle with chives.
Notes: Makes approximately 50 pieces. Cups and filling can be prepared separately 2 days ahead.